The first big milestone in the last week was the initial meeting with a magazine consultant. We spent about 90 minutes talking about the direction of the magazine and brainstormed on some different revenue models. We also thought of ways to find the potential subscribers and advertisers and discussed what their expectations might be.
The second milestone was meeting later in the week with the first of 3 graphic designers who submitted a bid on designing the magazine brand, logo, templates, etc. We will plan to meet again after I've met each of the three individually.
In both of these meetings I've felt very confident in what I'm looking for the magazine and that the years I spent researching, planning and visualizing Letters & Journals has really paid off. Of course, there is still a ways yet to go, so I don't want to get too ahead of myself.
This week and next will have a first interview with another graphic designer followed by a second meeting with the magazine consultant. I'm also designing a short survey (10 questions) for potential advertisers who I will be meeting at the National Stationery Show next month. The more I can find out about their needs and how Letters & Journals could potentially help them, the better off we will all be.
Using the Bookstore Model
13 hours ago