Sunday, January 17, 2010

Letters & Journals Magazine Update

Next on the agenda for the development of Letters & Journals is for me to attend the Craft and Hobby Association (CHA) Winter Convention and Tradeshow at the end of January in Anaheim, CA. The show highlights all of the crafting industries such as pen and paper companies, beads, fabric, scrapbooking, art materials, etc. It will be my first time there and I'm very excited to be attending.

The prototype is being printed this week so I will have that with me to show potential advertisers. I'll be looking for feedback and suggestions on how the magazine can work to help them succeed. I have my own thoughts on how I want the magazine to look and feel and what kind of content I want to deliver, but if that is not aligned with what potential advertisers and subscribers want, then that is a recipe for disaster.

Later that week is a one day conference in San Francisco for Women in Periodical Publishing (WIPP) and this will be my second time to that conference. Last year I found it very educational and I met some helpful publishers who gave wonderful advice and support. I am looking forward to leaving the Minnesota cold behind and enjoying some California sunshine.

No comments: