Sunday, October 10, 2010

My New Writing Desk

In my garage sale and flea market travels, I sometimes come across an item that fits just right in my stationery filled world. Such a one is this writing desk that I bought for $15. I wasted no time filling those cubbyholes with recently received letters, set out my ink bottles and a glass pen I had been experimenting with (not successfully).

The drawers I filled with stationery, stamps and other ephemera. Oh the joy of it all! I experimented with adding some blank books and journals in the corner as you can see below. I liked how they looked and decided to keep them there.

The unfortunate part is that I have no room in my office, so the new desk sits in the living room. That will work for now. Maybe at some point I will make changes to my office/craft room and incorporate the writing desk at the expense of something else. And, of course, it will need a special chair. Maybe on my next outing.

4 comments:

Megan said...

What an enchanting find!!!
Can't wait to see the chair that will be attached to this writing creation!
Happy Monday!
xo

Mrs. Duffy said...

What great luck! In need to start treasure hunting at garage sales. Congratulations on your find :o)

stuart said...

Viking Office Stationery Supplies UK - Leading Office Stationery and Business Furniture Suppliers. Get the latest Deals and offers at Viking Direct Office Supplies!

Letter Writers Alliance said...

I have trouble with the glass pen too.