Friday, February 25, 2011

Inspired by Photo Note Cards

I'm inspired by these photo cards to make my own note cards using photos I've taken. I received this one recently from a pen pal in NY and am just charmed by its exotic simplicity.

The photo card above is a miniature photo card (2.5 x 3.5) that I purchased at a craft fair recently with the idea that I would use this as a template to create my own cards with photos or portions of photos that I've taken.
This final photo note card is from a local nature preserve where I go for walks. I love the seasonal picture of this tree captured in its winter bareness, yet still grand and regal. (The credit for this card goes to Shirley Doyle from Nature Photographs in Minneapolis.)

Maybe next time I will have some of my own to share.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I love your cards. I do the same thing, and in fact, sell mine at local gift shops and at Etsy. But mostly I like using them with pen friends as a way to share the pictures while writing a note at the same time.

L i a r n i e said...

hello, i don't know if it is just on my end, but i can't seem to find the letters and journals page on fb. the link here doesn't take me to the page for some reason..

Jackie Flaherty said...

Hello Palespectre,

Not sure why the link isn't working for you, although I may have an idea. I changed my default setting on FB to be secure (https instead of http) So possibly when I copied the URL that causes problems for people who do not have the secure setting. Not sure- just a guess. Anyway, you can try this link

http://www.facebook.com/lettersandjournals?ref=ts

or search for letters and journals and you should get the page. Please let me know so I can take care of it.

Thanks so much!
Jackie