Saturday, April 9, 2011

Preparations for the 100-mile Garage Sale

There is an annual 100-mile garage sale in southeastern MN that follows Highway 61 from Red Wing to Winona as well as parts of Wisconsin.
 The sales takes place over Mother's Day weekend. Last year my girlfriend, her sister and mother went and had fun loading up the truck, visiting with the friendly small town residents, stopping when they felt like it to eat at local cafes and, when the day was done, they had reserved a hotel room so that they could rest and hit the remaining sales on their way back home the next day.
I thought this sounded like a great way to spend a weekend! So I have made my own hotel reservations with my daughters and we are planning to enjoy the scenery of Lake Pepin and the bald eagles while we wind our way down Hwy 61 stopping at garage sales.
 All of the pictures you see in this post are of items I picked up last year at local garage sales. As you can tell I am more into pencil size boxes, paper, ephemera, pens, stamps and other desk top paraphernalia.

 Here's to good weather and finding lots of books, office supplies and ephemera on our 100 mile odyssey!

1 comment:

Okami said...

I really like the Salmon & Eagle box, it's lovely.