Sunday, May 22, 2011

Edward Gorey Postcards #8-11

I thought it would be so easy to keep up with this postcard project. Alas, that has not been so. I'm going to do a big catch up in this post and list 4 cards that will take me through May 2011.

Postcard #8 has a man in a dressing gown being carried off by a giant rodent. Oh, the things this man comes up with! At the bottom of the card it says 'Pouf'!' but I'm not sure what that means.

 Next, we have a cat in a rowboat. This color illustration says it is from Edward Gorey's 'Category' collection. Aptly named, don't you think?
"They lived in a house covered with roses on the edge of a marsh," says the description on this card from the Deranged Cousins. You can barely see the woman inside who looks as if she is blending in with her surroundings.

I'm not quite as fond of the color illustrations as I am of the black and whites. This one doesn't speak to me at all except that the gentleman's sweater looks like a corn cob.

Now, I shall sit down with one of my favorite pens (currently a Pentel Hyper G .07) and write a brief note on each of these cards so that I may get them in tomorrow's mail and then be caught up with the Edward Gorey Postcard collection at least through May.

No comments: