Thursday, July 21, 2011

Typewriter Heaven

I sat down to write this blog and decided to type a little bit of it on my wonderful green Voss typewriter that I first blogged about last year.
I haven't had the typewriter out for quite awhile and it's just been sitting quietly on a shelf in my office. I did use it to type a note to Missive Maven as well as the daughter of a friend last year when I first purchased it.
So I dusted it off and loaded it with paper and typed a quick note.
Part of the reason I'm doing this now is to show off these couple pictures I had taken last May at the National Stationery Show. This company buys and sells typewriters as well as supplies them for photo shoots and movie sets. 
You can visit the kasbahMod website to see pictures of their current inventory. They also sold typewriter ribbon for $15, so I picked up one for my old Voss, but haven't had the heart to change it yet. Looking at these couple pictures makes me wish I had taken more. Why oh why did I not?

I also love the business card they handed out at the stationery show. Very cool! They do actually have a name and email on the card, but I have it neatly hidden behind my handmade "Your name here" sign.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am happy that at least somebody gave this subject an attention. reinforcing the positive attributes, thanks and had to share with facebook!
letter writing