Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day 2 at the National Stationery Show

Day 2 at the National Stationery Show was another jam packed day. I walked the second half of the show, stopping at many booths and finding out about the product they featured.

I met Karen from Exaclair who many of you may know or have heard of as she is generous with sending out samples of their product. Earlier this year I raved about the bottle of J. Herbin Orange Indien ink I received that Karen had sent. It was nice to finally meet her and thank her in person.

The notebook in the photo is from Flowerpot Press. They have some lovely journals and cards.

I met Alan at Night Owl Paper Goods. Their eco-friendly products are described as 'modern yet folksy'. They also have an awesome website- cute, whimsical, easy to read and navigate.

When he heard that I was looking for local stationery stores to visit, Alan recommended that I visit Greenwich Letterpress who also had a booth just one aisle over from Night Owl. So I visited there a bit also and got to know how they are owned and run by two sisters who are both artists. If I don't make it to there store in Greenwich this year, I will plan to get there on my next visit to NYC.

All for now. Wish I had time to list more, but must move on. Will post again tomorrow! And will also follow up with some of the people I met at the show at a later date when it is not so crazy and busy.

1 comment:

night owl paper goods said...

Jackie,

It was a pleasure to meet you at NSS! I hope you enjoyed yourself and learned oodles!

Best wishes with Letters & Journals mag... We'll look forward to seeing it out soon!