Sunday, October 31, 2010

A Recent Stationery Purchase

Recent stationery purchases at Target include a fine point pen from Write Dudes, a staple bound notebook and a 3-ring binder designed by John Derian, whom I had not heard of before, but apparently has a Field Notes or Cabinet of Curiosities type of motif. Very cool.

The notebook cover has a picture of a string holding together various notebooks and evokes a late 19th or early 20th century feel to it.
The notebook has smooth lined pages and is staple bound. I haven't written on the paper yet so cannot describe how the pen and paper work together. I'm deciding what purpose to give the notebook. I have a book journal where I list all the books I read or listen to. I have a 5-year daily journal from Levenger where each page has a snippet of the day's happenings so that as each year passes, I can see what was going on the previous year. I have a journal of goals and inspiring quotes. I have an idea journal which I have spoken about in the past. I will have to put this (for now) with my other journals and notebooks waiting for a home/purpose.
The pen is a surprisingly smooth writer with a nice fine point, which I prefer. Below is writing sample of the  pen. (The green ledger paper was a garage sale find for a quarter.)
 Fun new items are not always found at exotic stationery stores or warehouse-like office supply stores. Sometimes they are found at the local big box store. And heaven knows a person can never have too many pens or notebooks.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I looove that journal!!! The cover is beautiful!!!!!
And that pen writes so smooth!!! It is so hard to find that *perfect* pen!!!
Happy Halloween friend!
xoxo

Cappuccinoandartjournal.blogspot.com said...

John Derian has an amazing and wonderful shop in NYC -- visit it if you can. Thanks for the Target alert.