Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Print Edition Update

Due to lack of advertiser interest the premiere print edition of Letters & Journals will be delayed for one year. Before I go any further, I do want to assure the subscribers that their money will be refunded within the next few days. It's a bittersweet moment to come so far only to be stopped by the lack of advertiser interest.

Cindy (my assistant) and I sent out over 200 emails and letters to potential advertisers in the last 6 weeks as well as appeal to a few niche publishers who we thought might be interested. We did have a couple companies show some interest, but in the end, most of the responses fell into one of the following categories:
  • We don't advertise
  • We've already used our budget for 2011
  • Send us a copy of your magazine when it's published
  • Come back again when you have a larger audience
  • No thanks
  • No response
And there you have it..the unfortunate state of affairs for the print edition of our fine magazine at this time. The plan for now is to continue to grow our audience like we've been doing and then revisit this again next year to see the viability at that time.

Believe me, no one is more disappointed than I, not be preparing the print issue for publication this fall.

4 comments:

Okami said...

Aww - I'm so sorry I was so looking forward to the first issue. Magazines are so hard to start up. Well, I'll still be on board next year.

Cappuccinoandartjournal.blogspot.com said...

So sorry to hear this. That is amazing everyone turned you down....I will certainly subscribe when the magazine gets off the ground......I prefer a print magazine to a PDF version any day....good luck.

erasercarver said...

That's such a shame Jackie, and after all your hard work. I will keep everything crossed that the print magazine will appear one day. Good luck with everything.

Julie said...

I'm sorry! :( It must be very disappointing for you... But don't give up, you have a wonderful project and a lot of supporters!