Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Penpals

My pen pal, Jane, sent me this photo which is a picture from her farmhouse in rural France. Doesn't it look like a postcard? I thought so too.

Jane and I found each other through one of the pen pal magazines that are published and we've been corresponding for about two years now.

In addition to some close friends who I write to, I have a few other pals- all from the US and, once in awhile, I will hear from one in Norway. As much as I love letter writing I've had to cut back while I focus more on starting the magazine, Letters & Journals. But I still enjoy writing 1-2 letters a week. Sometimes more.

If you want to send (receive) mail, but don't want a pen pal, here are two websites that are all about getting mail!
We Love Snail Mail
Send Something

But if pen pals are what you're after, check out any of these Pen Pal magazines/newsletters:

Inky Trail News
The Letter Exchange
International Pen Friends

There is also one called Pen Pal Connection published by Dawn Thomas. Her email address is ppcdawn@yahoo.com

There are also many pen pal groups in places like MSN, Yahoo, Google, etc, so you can check those out too.

3 comments:

The Missive Maven said...

It's great to share these links with your readers, but I'm not sure why you equate We Love Snail Mail or Sendsomething.net with not wanting a pen pal. If that's what you're looking for, you can find one there, too!

School Supplies Sleuth said...

I have been looking for a good pen pal! I am convinced the world would be a much happier place if everyone had a pen pal- it can be very therapeutic. Thanks!

Jackie Flaherty said...

Good point, Missive Maven. Thanks for clarifying.