Sunday, September 27, 2009

Writing Areas

Do you enjoy seeing or hearing about the writing areas of other people? I know I do! Desks like the one in this picture can be calming, inspiring and charming.

Letters & Journals will have a department devoted to this topic. The magazine will feature pictures of writing areas as maintained in famous people's houses or museums, as well as those of readers who choose to send in photos of their writing areas.

The Guardian ran a series of articles listing descriptions and photos of places where writers create. They include such writers as Roald Dahl, Jane Austin, Charlotte Bronte, Charles Darwin, Rudyard Kipling and many others.

I wish I could remember where I found this picture- possibilities include a scan from a magazine or note card. Possibly it was from some miscellaneous surfing on the Internet. Possibly it is an image from the writing room of Vita Sackville-West.

5 comments:

PostMuse said...

Maybe for those of us who have traveling writing areas, there could be a photo of our mailbags and what's in them :-)

Jackie Flaherty said...

Oh, I like that idea!

mizm said...

Always loved the Guardian's "Writers' Rooms" feature, but it hasn't been freshened up for awhile. Now I'm compelled to write and tell them I miss it! Love the idea of having this kind of feature in your journal.

Cindy said...

Good idea. I always enjoy seeing other people's writing areas.

James said...

+1 for PostMuse's idea.