Saturday, February 20, 2010

Pen Pal Letters

I love a good letter! Who doesn't? I'm lucky enough to have an awesome group of pen friends. The one who sent this letter regularly adds art work to his envelopes and stationery. Victor is 80 years old and likes to work with water color and pencil drawings. He is a colorful personality with some strong opinions and calls himself a curmudgeon. We found each other through Lex Letters, a pen pal magazine, and have been corresponding for 3 or 4 years now.

Although Letters & Journals won't have pen pal listings, we will have features of pen pals, their correspondence, websites, friendship, adventures, etc. As I mentioned in my post on pen pals in Sept. 2009, there is a new found life for finding pen friends on the internet.

When I'm not reading or writing letters, I get my letter writing fix by visiting these websites: Missive Maven, 365 Letters, Letters, She Wrote, We've Got Paper. I love the interesting mail the get and send and am glad for any photos they post with their articles.

Maybe there is a story angle you would like to see covered or possibly you have a story waiting to be told. I'd love to hear from you!

1 comment:

The Missive Maven said...

Thanks for the link and the compliments!