Saturday, April 3, 2010

Letters & Journals Magazine

Letters & Journals magazine will be a quarterly print magazine containing features and departments related to the art and appreciation of letter writing and journal keeping. The magazine will be perfect bound (meaning it has a spine) and have slightly heavier stock paper than the normal monthly magazines. All of the ads in the magazine will be for stores and products related to the niche industry of the pen and paper enthusiast- our core audience.

In order to find the advertisers related to our niche, we need to build a database of names and addresses of potential subscribers. To do this we will be launching www.LettersandJournals.com in May 2010 offering unique and interesting content as well as links to other articles that we find in our internet travels. We will also send out a weekly e-newsletter with engaging and relevant content.

 To give you a taste of some of the morsels that will be featured in the magazine, here are some sample article ideas:

A Stationery Lover's Guide to Paris (NYC, San Fran, London, Paris, you get the picture)
How do you start a Stationery Business? A Look at some people who did
Exotic Postmarks: Postcards from Around the World
Highlights of people's journals (famous and otherwise)
Pen Pal Corner- Who are these people? How do you find one of your own?
Samples of different journals you can keep (nature, travel, art, goals, daily, baby, etc)
Fan Mail- Do Movie Stars/Musicians/Athletes/etc Still Get it? Let's Take a Look
Dead Letter Office- Old, found letters and postcards
The Writing Area- Photos of readers and famous desks and writing areas
Fun with day planners and notebooks- Finding or Creating one of your own
Mindmaps, doodles, to-do lists, other lists

For ideas suggested by other readers, you can read the comments at this post. This is just some of what will be featured on the website and in the magazine.

7 comments:

Cindy said...

I'm so excited that things are coming together! Can't wait to subscribe to the magazine.

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty excited about the magazine and hopefully it comes out before I start begging...truly that would be a little...

Anyways, is it out yet?

How about now?

Now?

:)

Can't wait for it! :)

Jackie Flaherty said...

I'm glad that others as excited about this publication as I am!

Ambrosia @ The Purple Booker said...

Great Idea. I can not wait to see it in print. I will def. Put the word out at <A href="www.birth-ofa-notion.com>Birth of a Notion</a>

The Missive Maven said...

I can't WAIT to see your website! That is a lovely teaser for the coming magazine. Good luck! I know we're all excited for you.

ellsworth said...

I just came across your blog today. A topic after my own heart. I thought that I was the only one who loved paper and pens and loved, loved, loved sending and receiving real letters and cards. I am excited to subcribe to your new magazine. I am also here in MN so some of the shops you mention are actually ones I've been to or could go do.

You can follow my silly, little blog at nellesnook.blogspot.com.

I will be stopping by often.

Good luck launching the mag.

Jackie Flaherty said...

Hello Ellsworth,
Thanks for stopping by and leaving a note. It's nice to hear from you! Glad to find another paper enthusiast! I will check out your blog!

Jackie