Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Postcrossing is 5 Years Old!

Congratulations to the people at Postcrossing who are celebrating their 5th anniversary. I joined in August of 2005 shortly after they launched. I'm not sure exactly how I found their site, but have been pleased as punch that I did.

Last October I wrote a short post with one of my favorite postcards (that one was from Russia, this one is from Finland).

I go through phases where I will send lots of cards and then I will take a break for a month or two. At one time I got involved with journal swaps, themed postcards and such by logging onto their forums and searching for more specific items to trade in the mail. But now I have the magazine to keep me busy, so I have not been as active in these extra activities.

In their blog this week, they are promoting a contest where you can email a photo of yourself sending out some postcards. The winner will receive a packet of 60 cards! Well, what are you waiting for? Get your postcards, stamps and camera and get a move on!

3 comments:

Megan said...

what a charming postcard!!
t.g.i.f.
xoxoxxo

Holly M. Wendt said...

That's lovely! Postcrossing is such a wonderful creation.

mim said...

Yes, isn't it wonderful that the creators of Postcrossing have built such a wonderful site for us to play on. I have enjoyed "meeting" people around the world through this site. My problem with the contest is that I put my mail in my postal slot for my mail carrier to take away and am not sure a shot of me crouching down next to it smiling would work, especially since I'd be the one taking the photo. It might be worth a shot. Happy Postcrossing to all of us.