Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

For those of you who celebrate Thanksgiving, I'd like to wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving. It's easy at this time of year to be reminded that it's all about GRATITUDE.
I have this gratitude book that I started on 6/2/10, but have not written in since 8/10/11 and it's only about 1/5 completed. Not that I have to write things down to be able to give thanks, but it helps to find things everyday in our everyday lives to appreciate. It's time for me to get back into the habit.
Gratitude is an art of painting an adversity into a lovely picture.  ~Kak Sri

We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.  ~Thornton Wilder

The unthankful heart... discovers no mercies; but let the thankful heart sweep through the day and, as the magnet finds the iron, so it will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings!  ~Henry Ward Beecher 

2 comments:

titancia said...

I've always meant to start a Gratitude journal and never have. I am going to use your post as motivation and finally start one. Happy Thanksgiving!

Beth Skipper said...

I also have a gratitude journal that I have failed to use consistently. This year I decided to try and make November a month of gratitude and update my Facebook status each day with something that I am thankful for. It has been a fulfilling project. At the end of the month I hope to keep the gratitude going by picking up my Gratitude journal again.