Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Letter Writing and Avatars

Are any of you using avatars for your social networking? Recently I had two created for me. I'm fortunate to have the acquaintance of a children's book illustrator, Nina Crittenden, who doesn't normally do this type of thing, but she agreed to give it a shot.

Aren't these great? She incorporated some of my writing, and our two cats as well.  I just love the image she created!
You can check out Nina's illustrations here if you want to see more!
The other avatar I had done for $5 on a website called fiverr.com. Have you heard of it?

According to Wikipedia:
Fiverr is a global online marketplace offering tasks and services, referred to as 'gigs' beginning at a cost of $5 per job performed, from which it gets its name. The site is primarily used by freelancers who use Fiverr to offer a variety of different services, and by customers to buy those services.

So I sent my photo and got this avatar within less than 24 hours. Not bad.
Now, I think I will copy these onto some stationery so that my plain paper will have some of my personality imprinted upon them. And then I must write a letter (like I need an excuse!).

What avatars are you using? Which one would you like to have? Next, I think I'll get one of me sitting at a desk writing a letter. I like that. A lot. You?

No comments: