Monday, February 8, 2016

Harry Potter Desk

While visiting the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios this January, I came across this lovely desk sitting on its own in a hallway at Ollivanders (makers of fine wands).
 It was an unexpected surprise to find this solitary desk so appropriately staged with books and scrolls, pens and lamps and lots and lots of cubbies.
This is the exact type of roll top desk that I am in search of. Drawers, cubbies and nice wood.
The chair is another story. While it looks like a good match for the desk, a much better choice would be  a wooden chair with armrests, a high back, and wheels.
What do you think? Do you dream of a special kind of desk?
 While I'm not the world's biggest Harry Potter fan, I sure did enjoy my afternoon spent here.

3 comments:

Sperry said...

I actually have this exact desk at home. I love using it. However it is massive and extremely heavy. It comes in two pieces. The base with drawers and the desk surface with 'cubby holes' and roll top. It is extremely difficult move. But inspiring to use!

Mrs. Duffy said...

I have my small but ideal shaker roll top, but I would LOVE such a desk as this. It's beautiful!

Jenna said...

Not a Harry Potter fan, but what a beauty of a desk! I just got my own antique Victorian-style desk recently, and I absolutely love writing at it!