Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Stationery

Part of the desire to start this magazine called Letters & Journals is my love of paper, stationery, cards, notebooks, blank books, ink, journals and so on. I know there are others out there too who love the same things - spending hours in a stationery store, reading blogs of people who design and sell stationery, connecting with others who share this same fascination.

A few weeks ago I visited Paper Source in Minneapolis. A week later I went to Stillwater, MN and visited the newly discovered Pulp Fashion. Oh, what a lovely day that was. This is a picture of some of the treasures I bought at Pulp Fashion.

One of the regular departments I see in the magazine is to highlight stationery store shopping excursions to various cities. Just like the famous travel guides offer their recommendations for things to do in NYC or Paris in 1-day, 2-days or 3-days, the stationery store excursion article would do the same for 1-day or 2-day highlights for the paper enthusiast.

Here is my short list of the Minneapolis/St. Paul stationery store tour in alphabetical order. The complete article would feature highlights for each of the stores, photos and a sense of their personalities and ambiance.

Anchor Paper
Bibelot
Paper Source
Papyrus
Pulp Fashion

No comments: