Saturday, October 24, 2009

Clairefontaine Notebook Review

This Clairefontaine notebook came from Karen at Exaclair who had some extras and offered them up on Twitter. Lucky me! You can follow Karen at @exaclair if you're on Twitter.

The paper is lined and very smooth. The book lies flat when it's open, which is important to me. There is a slight bend to the front cover and the first few pages, but I think this could be from shipping.

First, I used my Lamy yellow Safari with the EF nib and the blue ink cartridge. It wrote very smoothly and had no bleedthrough. Next I wrote with my Waterman ballpoint pen and that was slick. I think I preferred the ballpoint on this paper.

Some pen and paper combinations are naturally a good fit and the ballpoint pen with the Clairefontaine was what worked for me.

In Letters & Journals we will have a regular section on product reviews. This includes notebooks, journals, stationery, pens, ink and much more. I love to read reviews by others but don't write a lot of them myself.

No comments: