Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Creative Piece of Mail

Finding any mail in my mailbox is cause for celebration but some days I'm lucky to get a unique and creative piece of mail such as this. These kinds of letters and envelopes are a joy to admire and be inspired by. This one comes from Stephanie in NYC who is terrifically talented.

I remember getting my first piece of mail art in college from a high school classmate. This was in the 1980s, long before I even heard of mail art. She cut out a portion of Kellogg's Frosted Flakes with Tony the Tiger and used that for a postcard. I was smitten! What grand ideas could I come up with once I was inspired by her cleverness? Alas, none that I recall. But I'm smart enough to find friends who share their creativity and unique ideas with me. That's pretty smart.

No comments: