Saturday, May 9, 2009

National Stationery Show

The National Stationery Show (NSS) is held every May at the Jacob K. Javits Center in NYC. This year it runs from May 17-20 and I will be there. Lucky me! I'm very excited to attend the pinnacle of the industry's trade show. There will be over 1,00 exhibitors and 14,000 attendees. Here are just a handful of some of the exhibitors:

Gina B. Designs
Russell + Hazel
Two Trick Pony
Emma J Cards
Whitney English
Sweet Letter Press

My goal is to talk to these people- many of whom could be potential advertisers for Letters & Journals- and find out how my magazine can serve them. Here is list of the products that are featured at NSS: greeting cards, invitations, imprintables, giftwrap/ribbons, stationery, bridal accessories, customized/personalized products, decorative home office products, writing instruments, papercrafting supplies, frames, journals, calendars and more.

I will write more about the show when I am there next week. Stay tuned.

In the next few days I will be finalizing the surveys I created. One of the ways I plan to capture information from these stationery designers and store owners is to ask them to take the quick survey that I set up on Survey Monkey. In addition to the special survey I did for this group of people, I also created 2 more general surveys that I want anyone and everyone to take. There is one on letter writing and one on journal writing. Thanks in advance if you can do this. I will post the details in my next blog.

2 comments:

Emily Jones, Owner of Emma J Cards said...

Thanks so much!!! Please stop by!!! Booth 1550. Let me know if you have any questions.

emily jones
emily@emmajcards.com

Cindy said...

I'm jealous! lol! This is a show I've always wanted to attend. I hope you find lots of advertisers for the magazine.